What is Aadhaar?
Aadhaar Enrollment Centers
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique number which the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) will issue for all residents in India. The number will be store basic demographics and biometric information – photograph, ten fingerprints and iris – of each individual in a central database.
Aadhaar will be Easily verifiable. Unique and robust enough to eliminate the large number of duplicate and fake identities in government and private databases. A random number generated, devoid of any classification based on caste, creed, religion and geography.
* It is a 12 digit number, not only a card
* It is for every individual, including infants. Means each individual of family will have separate Aadhaar UID number
* It enables identification and is for every resident. It doesn’t establishes citizenship and is not only for Indians.
* Getting Aadhaar is voluntary, not mandatory
* It is for every resident, irrespective of existing documentation. Means individuals without identification documents can also get Aadhaar.
* Each individual will be given a single unique Aadhaar ID number. One cannot have multiple Aadhaar numbers.
* Aadhaar UID number can be used by ration card, passport or any ID based application. It will not replace other ID’s.
* UID Authority of India will give ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response for any identification authentication queries. Other information will not be accessible to public and private agencies.
Aadhaar Centers in Hyderabad Aadhaar Centers in Mumbai Aadhaar Centers in Pune
- Great potential for not-so-privileged, poor and the marginalised people, mostly living in the rural areas
- Clear proof of identity
- Facilitate entry for poor and underprivileged residents into the formal banking system
- Opportunity to avail services provided by the government and the private sector
- Giving migrants mobility of identity
- Financial inclusion with deeper penetration of banks, insurance and easy distribution of benefits of government schemes.
- Who can get an Aadhaar?
- An individual who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI can get an Aadhaar.
- Let’s join and work together to make UID number a powerful tool and enabler in various fields.